Van Winkle + Pearce | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships
Service: full service
|Main Telephone||(404) 355-0126|
|Main Fax||(404) 355-8351|
Van Winkle + Pearce Contacts
Sample of Associated Brands
|Debbie H.||Media Director||GA|
|Laurel T.||Account Services Director||GA|
|Kesha Y.||Account Executive||GA|
Who is the President of Van Winkle + Pearce?
What is the email of the Media Director of Van Winkle + Pearce?
What is direct phone of the Account Services Director of Van Winkle + Pearce?
Your personal LinkedIn™ network connections
Score 74 - Account in Jeopardy: Ancestry names CMO, product lead
Look for Ancestry to continue to release new products under Natarajan and for Mehra to tell these products stories by developing a "deep emotional bond" with consumers. Sellers - targeting for the company seems to skew older, targeting boomers and gen-X over millennials (but don't think this means Millennials are ignored). Ancestry has increased TV and digital spend by a combined $60 million from 2015 to 2016 and this trend should continue into the new year. Ancestry benefits from its well-known, category-leading brand awareness, so while branding is an important focus, product-specific spots are prevalent.
Ancestry moved media to Omnicom’s here). However, as CMO, Mehra could decide to wipe the proverbial slate clean and bring on new agency partners (as is the M.O. of most new CMOs). I wouldn't expect strategy to change too much out of the gate, but as mentioned above, Ancestry is the perfect company to experiment with new marketing given its past success and well-known brand.
Van Winkle & Associates is Ancestry.com’s creative AOR and digital is handled in-house, but creative pitches could spark change here.
Experience: Mehra joins Ancestry from Johnson & Johnson, where he most recently served as global president of the baby care division. He was promoted into that role after serving two years as J&J's global marketing services president.
Media Spend: Kantar Media reports that Ancestry spent $69.5 million on measured media through Q3 2016, putting it on track to outspend 2015 (spend through Q3 of that year was $52.7 million. In addition to the TV and digital display ads mentioned below, Ancestry's media spend is allocated to search and radio ads.
National TV Spend: For 2016, iSpot reports that Ancestry spent $100.3 million on national TV ads. See chart for 2016 show targeting.
Note that 2016 spend is 46.9% higher than FY 2015 spend - $68.3 million. Targeting, however, stayed the same (or similar) from 2015 to 2016.
Digital Breakdown: Per Missy Elliott might ask if the increase was worth it, given that the needle on impressions moved only slightly for such a large monetary increase.
See chart for ad type breakdown for last year and note that 98% of these ads were placed site direct (the other 2% went through Google AdX + AdSense).
Top ad destinations for 2016 included: youtube.com, findagrave.com, foxnews.com, mooseroots.com and legacy.com (remember my name 'cause you're gonna see me hanging in the hall of faaaammmmeeeee).
360 W. 4800 North
Provo, UT 84604
153 Townsend St.
San Francisco, CA 94107
Vice President, Marketing