Back to All Agencies

Edelman | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships




Service: public relations, full service

Main Telephone
(323) 857-9100
Primary Address
5900 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 2400
Los Angeles, CA 90036
USA

Edelman Contacts

Contacts (5/13)
Name Title State
Pam S. US Head, Digital CA
Sample of Related Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (323) 857-9100
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 5900 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 2400
Los Angeles, CA
90036
USA

Will C. Vice Chair, Health Asia Pacific CA
Francesca C. Senior Art Director CA
Maggie N. Senior Account Supervisor CA
Carol C. Vice President & Strategy Director CA

Client Relationships


Brand Service From To Media Spend
******** ***** *******, ***. Public Relations ******
******* **** Public Relations *
****** *** Public Relations *******
****** ********* Public Relations ******
****** ******** ******** Public Relations *

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

WinmoEdge

Male Millennial, Gen-Z Opps: Samsung drastically increased ad spend in 2021 (Score 57)


considering the company hired a new CMO in 2021. The company's marketing leader, Michelle Crossan-Matos, likely believes increasing spend will help improve business. This looks like a great opportunity, so reach out to this company for more information to see if you can provide ad space. 

Per Pathmatics, Samsung earned 30.1b impressions in 2021 through Facebook ads (38%), Instagram ads (27%), desktop video ads (18%), desktop display ads (11%), mobile video ads (3%), mobile display ads (2%) and Twitter ads (1%). It placed the majority (97%) of these ads site direct onto sites such as facebook.com, instagram.com, youtube.com, reddit.com and twitter.com. It placed the remainder (3%) through a variety of indirect channels onto sites such as buzzfeed.com, yahoo.com, ebay.com, lifewire.com and amazon.com. It spent approximately $298.4m on digital display ads in 2021, a 26% increase from $237.6m spent in this channel during 2020. The company has already spent $10m in this channel YTD. 

Magellan reports Samsung placed roughly 1.3k podcast ads over the last 365 days. 

According to iSpot, Samsung spent around $277.4m on national TV ads in 2021, a huge jump from $181.2m spent in this channel during 2020. It placed ads during programming such as "NFL Football," "College Basketball," "2020 Tokyo Olympics," "NBA Basketball" and "Friends." YTD spend equals $16.9m. 

Sellers-- It seems Samsung is chiefly targeting Gen-Zers and millennials with a male skew. It reaches these demographics primarily through digital display and national TV ads. Furthermore, Samsung increased spend in both of these channels in 2021, especially national TV spend. The company started utilizing more social media ads last year as well. It also invests in OOH, print, radio and local broadcast TV ads, per Kantar. Sellers should offer relevant ad space to score some of these extra ad dollars. 

Agency & martech readers-- Samsung works with creative AOR Edelman. You can try reaching out to see if Samsung needs any assistance, or if it is planning a review in 2022. Plus, with a company this size, there could always be project-based opportunities.